Quick and Easy Spiralized Zucchini, Grape Tomato, and Basil Dinner
May 23rd 2017
Insanely easy, incredibly delicious, and perfect for those summer evenings!
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper and kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons or more fresh basil torn
Spiralize the zucchini into a bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté spiralized zucchini for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute or so. Toss in sliced fresh cherry tomatoes. Heat just until the tomatoes are warm. Add in the crushed red pepper flakes, kosher salt and pepper. Toss to combine evenly.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle on torn fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Twirl!
- Double the portion for a (very) light dinner or plate these zoodles with a side of salmon and a glass of white wine served on a backyard deck.