Golden Beet Salad With Cider Vinegar Dressing
August 25th 2017
Lettuce turnip the BEET with this colorful beet salad recipe!
5 organic golden beets
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup apple cider vinegar
3 cups of organic greens of your choice
1 tablespoon walnut oil
Freshly ground pepper
½ cup toasted walnut pieces
½ cup fresh ricotta or goat cheese
Pro Tip: Mix red and golden beets to add additional color to this vibrant salad! Or use any roasted veggies your heart desires.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Rinse the beets and cut off the greens.
3. Rub the beets with the olive oil, wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 1 hour or until you can pierce through the middle of each beet with a knife. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. While the beets are cooking, bring the vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat until it is reduced by a third. Remove from the heat and let cool.
6. When the beets are cool, use a paring knife to remove the skins.
7. Cut each beet into thin slices using a sharp knife. Sprinkle them with salt and toss them in the reduced vinegar.
8. Toss the greens with the walnut oil and pepper.
9. Top the greens with the beets, walnut pieces and cheese.