How to Make Pumpkin Puree From a Fresh Pumpkin
October 27th 2017
Go beyond the jack-o’-lantern and learn how to make pumpkin puree!
- 1 large pie pumpkin 4-6 lb.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice the pumpkin in half, crosswise through the stem, and scoop out the seeds and strings. Feel free to keep the seeds for later to roast.
3. Place halves, cut-side down, onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Roast, uncovered, for 40-60 minutes, or until tender.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. When cool, carefully scrape flesh from skin. Discard the skin.
6. Using a food processor or blender, puree until even and smooth.
Serving size: 3-4 cups