Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
October 28th 2017
Laugh it up, peppermint. They're coming for you next. Sincerely, Pumpkin Spice .
1 cup whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
⅓ cup organic pumpkin puree
(Click here for our recipe on how to make pumpkin puree from a fresh pumpkin!)
2 tablespoons maple syrup or brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt) together in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the rest of the ingredients together (milk, pumpkin purée, egg, maple syrup, vanilla and butter) until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir just until blended.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-low heat.
- Using a ¼-cup measure, scoop the batter onto the warm skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes then flip. Cook on the opposite sides for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Yield: 2 Servings
MAKE IT VEGAN: Use non-dairy milk, omit the egg and replace the butter with coconut oil.