Introduction:Now I can mash potatoes...I can do the twist, tell me, baby, do you like your vegan mashed potatoes like this?
6-8 medium organic potatoes
1 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
5-6 cloves roasted organic garlic*
3-4 Tbsp vegan butter , melted/softened
1/4 cup fresh organic chives for topping
*To roast a head of garlic, simply cup the top off to expose tips, rub with olive oil, wrap in foil and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour in a 400-degree F oven directly on the rack. Discard skins/peel.
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan or pot and cover with water. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of sea salt, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, chop up your chives and measure your butter.
3. Once tender, drain your potatoes and place them back in the hot pot off the heat for 1 minute to evaporate any additional water. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Mash your potatoes using either a potato masher or a hand mixer until fluffy.
5. Add in butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
6. Lastly top with chives, stir and serve.